Basic optical mouse loses settings on shutdown

Reaction score
I see a lot of people have had the same problem recently but most when using Logitech/Synaptics. My problem is with the Microsoft basic optical mouse v2.0. Anyone got the solution because I've spent hours Googling and can't find the answer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm using the exact same mouse on my Windows 10 computer currently, without any problems.
Although I haven't set any particular unique "settings" for it.
Can you explain exactly what "settings" you are losing as a result of rebooting your computer?
Are you currently logged in as a member of the local administrators group (not a standard user)?

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the response. I have my wheel set for double click and that is what I lose. The problem started only a few days ago after updating. I don't have any login requirements.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't seem to have that capability using the generic driver that Windows 10 seems to have installed for my mouse.

Capture.JPG

Perhaps you are using the older Windows 7 IntelliPoint 8.2 64-bit for Windows 7 software or some other third party software that is not altogether kosher with Windows 10.

Ask a Question