SOLVED battery plugged in not charging

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't see any specific information regarding the system that you are talking about but will assume it's a laptop.
I don't believe that the status you are observing is too unusual.
Some laptops after reaching a certain level of charge will disengage from charging and will not resume charging again until it reaches a certain level of discharge.
It might be nice to know if you are observing a certain level of charge and if your computer ever resumes charging.
I suppose there might be a problem with the AC adapter or the battery itself if it never charges at all.

Reaction score
some new laptop have a new feature to save baterry and then not charging for Nothing check to be sure

check the green light on power cord and if battery its good seated

Reaction score
some new laptop have a new feature to save baterry and then not charging for Nothing check to be sure

check the green light on power cord and if battery its good seated
red light on power cord but reseating the battery worked
I don't see any specific information regarding the system that you are talking about but will assume it's a laptop.
Some laptops after reaching a certain level of charge will disengage from charging and will not resume charging again until it reaches a certain level of discharge.
It might be nice to know if you are observing a certain level of charge and if your computer ever resumes charging.
I suppose there might be a problem with the AC adapter or the battery itself if it never charges at all.
Problem was with the battery. Reseating it worked.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to know and thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question