Beeping in sleep mode

Reaction score
So I stop using my machine for a while and it goes into sleep mode. Then every few minutes it makes a double or triple beep. As soon as I strike a key and the screen lights up again, the beeping stops. The beeping sound is the same one it makes when I plug or unplug something into a USB slot. I can turn off the spseaker of course, but sometimes I am listening to mp3 music and the beeping interferes with that. This is a new thing which has only arisen in the last coupla months. Any help?

Reaction score
Hi @Charles Minus
So I stop using my machine for a while and it goes into sleep mode. Then every few minutes it makes a double or triple beep. As soon as I strike a key and the screen lights up again, the beeping stops. The beeping sound is the same one it makes when I plug or unplug something into a USB slot. I can turn off the spseaker of course, but sometimes I am listening to mp3 music and the beeping interferes with that. This is a new thing which has only arisen in the last coupla months. Any help?
You can turn off the beeping thing. But, firstly can you tell us how's that beep you've heard? Because sometimes it is a sign that there is a problem on your PC through the codes that are issued from the beep.
Follow these steps to turn off beeping:
1. Search for "Command Prompt" > Run as administrator.
2. Type "sc stop beep" > Enter.
3. Type "sc config beep start= disabled’" > Enter.
4. Close the window > Restart your PC > Test it.

Reaction score
It could be a mismatch in your power settings.
Open settings. Select "Update and security.
On the left, select Troubleshoot then, down the poage," additional trouble shoots"
Scroll right down to "Power and run it. See if it fixes the problem

You can turn off the notifications in the settings, but that would not solve the problem

Reaction score
Same exact thing happening to me and sounds like something plugging or unplugging into A USB or finding a drive,
And this is after I have just walked away from the computer.
And it's pretty much non stop

Ask a Question