Best thing u found out Cortana can do...?

Reaction score
I liked OK Google and i'm loving the whole personal assistant Cortana thing. I can make Cortana Sing a song, sing a lullaby, & of course, tell me a joke. I have asked her to tell me a quote & do me an impersonation of someone.
Im just wondering all the other hidden things that she can do, either obvious or obscure things, great n small hehe. Any of you guys know of anything out there? Share the fun i say :)

Attachments

• windows_threshold_wave_2.jpg
    windows_threshold_wave_2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 552
Reaction score
I liked OK Google and i'm loving the whole personal assistant Cortana thing. I can make Cortana Sing a song, sing a lullaby, & of course, tell me a joke. I have asked her to tell me a quote & do me an impersonation of someone.
Im just wondering all the other hidden things that she can do, either obvious or obscure things, great n small hehe. Any of you guys know of anything out there? Share the fun i say :)
tell her you love her and check her reply lol

Reaction score
You see, somebody, locked away in some broom closet at MS...yeah, the guy who invented "Clippy"...remember him????.....got out and , poof.....now we have Cortana.

Reaction score
The best thing I've found it can do so far, is burn 30 mb of ram, even though it's turned off.

Reaction score
Anything that tracks what I am doing or what websites I am visiting is not a good thing I shut every aspect of Cortana off to much of a security risk.

Reaction score
Looking forward to the upcoming "Tips and Tricks" where some enterprising soul comes up with "How to Remove Cortana from your Win10 installation".

Reaction score
I tried Cortana on my laptop loaded with Insider previews. Not a very good microphone and my 'computer room' has a lot of white noise from fans etc. My main machine does not have a microphone and I can see no reason to install one...I don't use Skype or any other VOIP service.

Reaction score
I was going to say the best thing was not having to use it at all, but, I just checked and like Bigfeet said it is using 30MB or ram. I clicked the end task button and she disappeared but was back within seconds using 30MB of ram. Is there a way to remove it completely from the computer? That would be the best thing about it.

Reaction score
I was going to say the best thing was not having to use it at all, but, I just checked and like Bigfeet said it is using 30MB or ram. I clicked the end task button and she disappeared but was back within seconds using 30MB of ram. Is there a way to remove it completely from the computer? That would be the best thing about it.
And the reason for that is Microsoft uses Cortana to "phone home". It sends all your search info to microsoft so they can feed you more relevant ads.

Reaction score
Google & Siri does it, its the nature of the beast. They gotta improve this thing or its gonna get relegated to a hidden setting somewhere deep in he OS. But the more info it collects, it learns n gets better.
All those scare mongers saying talking about invasion of privacy or big brother listening in on us 24/7, now i dont believe a word of it. Who cares if it sends things to MS. Microsoft is a good US company thats changed the world for the better.

Reaction score
Best thing I found out about cortana....??

How to completely disable it by blocking "searchui".

Sorry, but it's utter garbage, imho.

Reaction score
Google & Siri does it, its the nature of the beast. They gotta improve this thing or its gonna get relegated to a hidden setting somewhere deep in he OS.
From my perspective it is already there. No thank you, I have other things to do than pre-beta test the future of vocal communications with a PC. If personal computing vocal communications ever raises to the level of JARVIS, I might reconsider my stand point. Until then I have a very big issue with speaking to my PC, and will elect for others to perfect the system.

Ask a Question