SOLVED BIOS Update

Reaction score
I downloaded a BIOS update, extracted the files and ran the application file as administrator. I then went to the BIOS but it is still the same version as before. What do I have to do to actually install the new version?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
All depends on the board and how new it is. Some will run right from within Windows while other require you to use a flash utility to make the .bin file work.
Usually you get the update utility in the same place you get your BIOS revision, and generally a how to or at least a few steps in a description as to how to use it.
Check you MoBo Documentation and see if it contains some how to info, some may even have it built right into the BIOS utility itself, you fire it up, point it an the upgrade file on a thumb drive and off you go.

Reaction score
If you messed this up , it could be the cause of your unresponsive system.

Reaction score
If you messed this up , it could be the cause of your unresponsive system.
I did not attempt the BIOS update and am not going to do that now as the unresponsive system is fixed. Thanks for your help with that by the way.

Ask a Question