Bit Defender Pop-Ups

SOLVED Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Norton, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Norton

Norton

A couple of strange anomalies happened to me on my PC restart tonight that are unexplainable, at least to me, a novice. I logged on with my local Administrator account and on the start up splash screen a pop up appeared briefly, it said something to the effect "That a Bit Defender file could not be found and the pop up disappeared.
    I opened the cmd prompt typed in sfc / scannow and it said "You must be logged on as an Administrator running a console session to run sfc / scannow.

1. I have never, ever downloaded or installed Bit Defender.
    2. I tried a second time to run sfc /scannow using the command prompt, I received the same message " You must be logged on as Administrator to....
    3. I can run sfc / scannow from my user account with Admin approval.

I have always logged into the Admin account to perform cleaning, imaging and maintenance chores.
    Help!

Norton, Sep 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Norton

Norton

Update! I just attempted to run sfc /scannow using using Power Shell from the Admin account, same results. Not surprising!

Attached Files:

Norton, Sep 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Norton

Norton

Further: I just performed a cold boot, I now have control again using the command sfc /scannow when logged into the Admin account.
    The Bit Defender message is still remains a mystery.

Norton, Sep 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question