Black Screen

Reaction score
I installed windows 10 on my desktop &I now have a black screen. I cannot access task manager or get past this black screen. I do have mouse pointer on the screen, but there are no icons, etc,

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you manually power cycle it two or three times interrupting the boot process sufficiently you should get a Repair / Troubleshooting screen.
From there you can attempt a repair or a reset.
give it a try

Reaction score
I have manually powered on & off 5 or 6 times, trying each repair/troubleshooting option to no avail. My attempts to reset or revert back to windows 8 are also negative.

Reaction score
I installed windows 10 on my desktop &I now have a black screen. I cannot access task manager or get past this black screen. I do have mouse pointer on the screen, but there are no icons, etc,

Try this: when you restart and get the black screen with the cursor, hit you space key once. Then enter you password and hit enter ( assuming you have a password to access you computer). Wait a few seconds. Your desktop should appear.

For me, and many others, there is an issue with Nvidia graphics cards. I am continuing to have problems. It seems to be a driver related issue that hasn't been fixed yet for some.

Ask a Question