Blinking screen

Reaction score
I have been updating my Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series from 8.1 to Windows 10. It took time and as a result I got blinking screen. Can't do anything now. Machine is gone. Does anybody know how to solve it please?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for replying. Not much I can do, because it is the starting screen blinking. Have no chance to move further. I just start the computer and everything is blinking.

Have received invitation from Microsoft to update to Windows 10. Okay. Did this this night. Have followed all instructions. And these are the results.

Lukas

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you have access to another computer where you can download the media?

If you manually power cycle it a couple time, interrupting the boot process do you see a screen that might reference repair or troubleshooting?

Does that device have an option to restore to factory defaults.

Do you have all your critical data backed up?

Did you create a system image prior to the upgrade?

Reaction score
I have another computer, where I can download. But I'm not IT person. To me, I just turn computer on and use it to work.

How can I do manual power cycle? Interrupting boot process? I'm really sorry I don't know how to do this.

Probably this device has an option to restore to factory defaults but I'm stuck on the first screen so I don't know how to find this option.

Thanks God I have made a back up. What is system image?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How can I do manual power cycle? Interrupting boot process? I'm really sorry I don't know how to do this.
The device has a power button I presume. Turn it off, turn it on, while it's attempting to boot to Windows turn it off again. Do that a couple times and you should get a repair / troubleshooting screen.
Probably this device has an option to restore to factory defaults but I'm stuck on the first screen so I don't know how to find this option.
Have a look here http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19267286
WARNING: All your data will be lost.

Reaction score
Yes the device has a power button :)

I'll try off and on. Hope to get the troubleshooting screen.

Reaction score
Will check with Dell but if it does not work, do you mind if I ask you again for some other solutions? (Not smashing against the wall, which was my initial idea).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't think I have any additional recommendations.
Burning the ISO to a thumbdrive and booting from that was my primary suggestions.
If you don't know how to do that, maybe ask around some friends and associates might be able to guide you. It's a relatively simple process and repairing from the installation media is a reasonable option. Although it doesn't come with any guarantee.

Ask a Question