blocked microsoft account access

Reaction score
Trying to use Cortina wants access to my Microsoft account but when I try and access it is blocked. The procedure and form provide to resolve doesn't work saying 'auto' review not enough info provided. Info requested is emails I have sent to other people and subject matter. I don't understand why this is necessary, why it doesn't work and why there isn't a simple explanation to resolve accessing my Microsoft account.

Reaction score
If I understand your post, MS has informed you that you haven't submitted the correct, or enough information for MS to identify you as the current account holder. I believe they require an alternate email address that you would have given when you created your account.

You may have to create a new account?

Last edited:

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Yes they want either a mobile number or another email account so that they know you are genuine and not a Robot or someone trying to hack your account
On all mine I have both mobile and a gmail account as backup
Never been used but on most e-mail setups it is the same
Facebook and gmail also want a backup which I use my msn account

Reaction score
If I understand your post, MS has informed you that you haven't submitted the correct, or enough information for MS to identify you as the current account holder. I believe they require an alternate email address that you would have given when you created your account.

You may have to create a new account?
Thank you for your response. I have tried many times submitting the forms using alternate email addrs. Nothing works. I get the same response.

Reaction score
Yes they want either a mobile number or another email account so that they know you are genuine and not a Robot or someone trying to hack your account
On all mine I have both mobile and a gmail account as backup
Never been used but on most e-mail setups it is the same
Facebook and gmail also want a backup which I use my msn account
Several of the responses I have received from microsoft tech want a cell phone number so they can 'text' me a code but I have told them I live in an area with no cell service and my landline doesn't accept text. On two of the connections with microsoft tech (India) I was told I needed to buy some service before they could fix the problem. I don't understand why it would be necessary just to get access to a microsoft account. I have tried setting up another account through 'outlook.com' but that doesn't work either.

Ask a Question