Blu-ray player only plays DVD's after installing windows 10

Reaction score
Hi All
I hope you can help me, I installed Windows 10 onto my desktop computer over windows 7

now just after I did this my Graphics card bombed out(it was on the way out) and I purchased a Asus Strix Geforce GTX 960 graphics card and it is working although it says my graphic card will not play Blu-Ray discs.

I have downloaded all the latest drivers not sure how to fix the problem
I have a internal LG Blu-ray reader writer it worked on windows 7 ok..

also Camera in windows 10 something gone wrong?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Windows 10 doesn't have a native Bluray player, you need a 3rd party bluray app, examples being WinDVD, PowerDVD etc

Reaction score
i have also happened the same problem, when updated my system to windows 10,the blu-ray player software can not be used in this new system, or i have to pay for the upgrated version. So i was recommened by my friend to use UFUSoft Windows Blu-ray player, which is able to play blu ray on windows 10, and it is free for update for lifetime. i like it.

Reaction score
I recommend you buy an external Blu-ray drive, and the internal drive cannot work well on Windows 10. As you did not mention what app did you use to play Blu-ray? you can download Cyberlink or Macgo Blu-ray Player. These two are the more stable on Win10.

Reaction score
why the hell can't MS put an Alert on a BUG like this ? this is a "ship issue", my Aptiva group back in the day wouldn't push a full blown build on a shipping system or upgrade...I'm stuck with $180 BR Burner that plays discs I made with Win7, yet I can't use the drive now...thx guys. I made the mistake of updating without a run down of everything they knew was wrong. It's well over 30 days so there's no going back.

Ask a Question