Blue screen of death Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi
My PC keeps crashing with a new error everytime (started on the 7 Jan after a windows update) so I did a scan in powershell and came up with this:

Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 24% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I don't know what to do next iv tried looking at other topics like my problem but i still don't know what to do.
Thank you
Richard

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you suspect that the windows update is responsible, have you attempted to uninstall the update?
Does that provide any relief from the problem?
Can you run the computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Does that provide more stability (less crashing)
Can you clean boot the system
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for 8 / 8.1 (same for 10)
Does the system run any better with no startup items and no non-Microsoft services running at startup?

Reaction score
Thank you for your help.
Yesterday morning i remembered i bought ram on the same day as the update, so i tried taking it out and seeing if the crashing would stop. And so far it has stopped. So i need to go back to the shop and get them to swop the faulty ram for new ram. I didnt realize ram could have caused crashing like this.
I did the sfc /scannow again in powershell but it still comes up with the same problem:
Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 24% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
Im not sure if i should worry about this scan, now that the computer seems to be working fine, or should i try fix this ?
Do you know if this can be problematic in the future or is it not so important?
Thank you

Reaction score
Sometimes mixing memory brands can cause issues too, even if it's the same speed and timing as what's in the PC.

Ask a Question