Blue Screens Starting

Reaction score
For reasons as yet unknown to me this afternoon I've started getting blue screens indicating Windows has encountered a problem and needs to restart. They have been caused by Critical Structure Corruption (NTFS) and one that just happened was caused by Win32Kfull.sys. The screen doesn't stay open very long so the wording of the error may not be exact. It seems to be happening randomly and one time rebooted when I wasn't even using the machine. No idea what is causing it to happen.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That doesn't sound good.
They both sort of look like they might involve an issue with the disk.
Maybe try running Check Disk
Elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
That will take a while to complete so I hope you have some spare time.

Reaction score
Good morning Trouble. Since booting up this morning I haven't encountered any blue screens. Once again it seems Windows 10 repaired itself. I did go ahead and run the chkdsk command though but was away from the computer when it was run on a reboot so I didn't see if anything happened. At the moment all appears well.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The log file should be in event viewer / windows logs / application logs
You can do a search using the term chkdsk if you're interested in seeing what it might have found.
Especially anything noting bits in bad sectors.

Ask a Question