Reaction score
I have Win 10 Home 64bit 1909 18363.55
PC AMD Ryzen 5 2600X six core 3.60GHz 32Gb Ram
Asus prime MBoard A320M-K Micro-ATX AM$ USB3.0 6GB/s
2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX1050 graphics card
OS on 240 ssd
PC used mainly for L/room & P/shop with Wacom tablet
I use Bluetooth for camera and tablet
I last used bluetooth on 10/12, on 11/12 updated to 1909 but only saw bluetooth missing on 13/12. I uninstalled update 1909 butr no difference so reinstalled. Bluetooth is not in Device manager or action center and the on/off toggle has gone from settings page. I have visited forums and websites and tried everything that I found but no joy.This has seriously affected my workflow. There are still services running for bluetooth.
I really need some help please

Reaction score
Do you have any wireless drivers shown in Device Manager, If yes, Delete all, (some times BlueTooth and wireless get (merged) delete all wireless drivers, close then reboot, and see if you can then reinstall your BlueTooth. (Not sure why but MS has had issues with BlueTooth in Network Adapter setting.

Reaction score
Thanks Snuffy, I did as you suggested but no change.Camera and tablet now wired up. Thanks for your help

Reaction score
only other option that i know of is open Win10 Troubleshooter and see if MS can option it out.... some times the Troubleshooter is good just depends.
1576512202296.png

Reaction score
I did use the MS troubleshoote rand it said PC was not bt compatible. If I manually delete all of the bluetooth drivers from the SYSTEM32 folder and then reboot would that be a possibility

Reaction score
yes, also why is it not BT compatible - you might only need to set BT in compatible mode. also check for the latest Drivers/firmware for you device.... then 100% insure you have the latest updates for your version OS.

Reaction score
How would I set to compatible mode because I cannot see bluetooth anywhere other than the than the drivers folder and in the services.I compared with my laptop which has same os build and they were the same.

Reaction score
first you have to know what your adapter is (manufacture name) the load in compatibility mode. if BT came with you system included then the manufacture manual should tell you how to remove or repair install. I can see my BT in Device Manager and also in Programs/feature.
so if in the drivers folder remove it. no drivers no bt. then shutdown/restart and MS should locate and repair/reinstall the Drivers. and every manufacture supply's with or u download the proper chipset driver package. that is where you can set compatibility.
I will check you info above and locate all then post back.. but im sure ASUS provides.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Snuffy, it is very much appreciated. After going round in circles I have decided to buy a dongle if I need bluetooth, as it is always possible,that even if fixed this could happen again in the future. It is no big deal, but I just like to have things working the way they should

Reaction score
I use Bluetooth mice on several Notebooks, the adapter is part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter. Sometimes the BT will not work while the Wi-Fi does, have one things look normal but no BT so I just change to Airplane mode and back to normalize. Or click the BT icon in the Notification Area.

I seldom have more than the mouse connected but have used a mouse with a BT Number pad/Key pad at the same time.

Amazon has a number of BT dongles listed and I usually get the ones by IOGear, they have a rounded shape and less likely to catch on things like the case the Notebook is in.

Reaction score
Sometimes the BT will not work while the Wi-Fi does, have one things look normal but no BT so I just change to Airplane mode and back to normalize. Or click the BT icon in the Notification Area.
strange buy my BT and Wifi work at the same time... why yours does not is strange to me. Yes, I know on the round. my CSR 4.0 and 5.0 - I can turn wifi on/off and BT on/off use 1 or both at the same time.
and so far no issues as of now with 19536 (2004) also still working on 17763.914.

Reaction score
strange buy my BT and Wifi work at the same time... why yours does not is strange to me.
Mine do both work at the same time, it's just that both functions are on the same adapter/card in the Notebooks and rebooting the functions gets both working again.

Reaction score
My PC was delivered in August 2019 and I have just been informed by the supplier that bluetooth was not in my spec! So the last couple of months I must have been in cuckoo land!.I thought that Win 10 came with bluetooth built in.

Reaction score
No that is up to the Manufacture to add the device. MS only supplies the Drivers. Glad you got this sorted.

Reaction score
A Bluetooth dongle is fairly small and goes in a USB port, if you wanted to go that way. You might check the Wi-Fi adapter and let us know what model it is..

Reaction score
A Bluetooth dongle is fairly small and goes in a USB port, if you wanted to go that way. You might check the Wi-Fi adapter and let us know what model it is..
Honeydew stated
I have Win 10 Home 64bit 1909 18363.55
PC AMD Ryzen 5 2600X six core 3.60GHz 32Gb Ram
Asus prime MBoard A320M-K Micro-ATX AM$ USB3.0 6GB/s
2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX1050 graphics card
OS on 240 ssd

Reaction score
The next line after
"OS on 240 ssd"
is
"PC used mainly for L/room & P/shop with Wacom tablet", important information easily missed.

I'm away from home and left my Notebook in the car yesterday, it got cold and my Bluetooth died. I got it working this afternoon but letting it warm up then let it find to my son's Samsung 6 SmartTV [didn't need to connect] which let the Notebook reestablish Bluetooth and got the mouse back. On that basis I'd surmise the mouse may have less power than other devices.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes, so wifi - network with to and from easy enough to do... bluetooth not really needed...

Reaction score
Just to finish of my story. This was the first PC that I had custom built by choosing the individual items on a website. I was on a budget and chose the cheapest network adapter because this PC is mostly on an Ethernet connection. Although I have had computers since 1986, long before bluetooth, I can find my way around but am by no means an expert. I always thought that bluetooth was integral to the motherboard and the OS. So it turns out that the basic network card that I chose does not have bluetooth. My previous Acer pc had bluetooth in the motherboard and consequently I did not give it a thought when I purchased the new one.
As far as the need for bluetooth goes I had gotten quite used to using the Wacom seated comfortably and on my lap instead of hunched over the desk. As far as my own memory is concerned it is not too good these days so I will claim old age for putting you all to so much effort, thanks for your help and education.

Ask a Question