Bluetooth On/Off switch

Reaction score
Under the settings menu, I do not get the option to turn Bluetooth on or off. It has been suggested that this is a design feature where desktop PCs do not need a switch while Laptops get one, I don't know if this was the design plan. Any way in my case I am on a Samsung Notebook (which is a Laptop). It has also been suggested that windows 10 looks for the battery to make this decision, if so it may have been that my "Battery Saving" mode on the Samsung that confused the selection process. My battery is currently showing as 80% but not charging.

Reaction score
Check your Samsung Notebook manual. See if Bluetooth is part of the deal.
You can also google for Samsung Notebook support forums and ask the folks there.

Reaction score
Check your Samsung Notebook manual. See if Bluetooth is part of the deal.
You can also google for Samsung Notebook support forums and ask the folks there.

Thank you for the suggestion, I should have said that the Bluetooth is working very well, I want to be able to turn it off.
I have updated the drivers, uninstalled the drivers and restarted the computer. When I go into settings there is a Bluetooth Menu heading and when I enter that I get the "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices". It even shows it is paired with my mobile phone. What is missing is the on off switch.

Reaction score
I am sorry.
I totally misunderstood what you wrote.

Can you find the Bluetooth under Device Manager ?
If you can, I think you can disable it there.

My laptop does not have Bluetooth, so I can't tell you exactly where.

Reaction score
I am sorry.
I totally misunderstood what you wrote.

Can you find the Bluetooth under Device Manager ?
If you can, I think you can disable it there.

My laptop does not have Bluetooth, so I can't tell you exactly where.

Yes, I have been into Device Manager, and yes I can turn it off there. However most laptop users have a simple On/Off toggle in setting, why don't I have it.

Ask a Question