Bluetooth won't pair

Reaction score
No matter how I try I can't pair my bluetooth keyboard with my windows 10, 64bit pc. The keyboard appears, I click on it and it says connecting then I get the message that it can't be found and to put the pin again but nothing appears to put the pin and the first few times I tried to pair I had a pin number but it still wouldn't pair. Now all I get is the name of the Keyboard and then it just stops and says "try again". Bluetooth is "on" and updates are all correct, bluetooth and windows 10.

Reaction score
To Pair a device, there may be some type of flashing light to show it is available. Once the pairing is complete, you should be able to connect afterward. I don't remember keyboards needing PINs but I may be mistaken.

Have you used this keyboard before and has it just stopped working?

Reaction score
The blue light to pair flashes nicely. The name of the keyboard comes up and then it just says not able to detect device and everything is working well, blue tooth turned on, update for Windows 10, update for blue tooth. I had an identical keyboard which I spilt coffee on and ended up with having one or two letters which would not type so I sent for an identical bluetooth keyboard and that is when my troubles started. It just refuses to pair. The first time I tried there was a pin number which I typed in and nothing. Now it doesn't even ask for a pin number it just says unable to detect with blue light flashing so I am very frustrated. The keyboard people said to ask Microsoft and here I am.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What's the make/model of your PC/laptop? What's the make/model of your keyboard? Are you sure your PC is bluetooth capable?

Reaction score
My PC is HP and the keyboard is Anker A7721 and I have a bluetooth adapter Kinivo BTD-400, I haven't changed anything since my last Anker A7721 which I spilt the coffee on to late last year 2017.

Reaction score
Did you "Remove" the other keyboard from the devices? Have you tried using the old one for testing to see if it would pair?

Your owner's manual does not mention a PIN for pairing. Does the Power light go off as it is supposed to do?

Reaction score
Have you tried removing the old keyboard from Bluetooth settings and adding the new keyboard again.
Settings > Bluetooth > Add a device . There could be a difference in drivers.
Most modern Keyboards are capable of being washed. Run the old keyboard under the tap with warm water to remove the coffee/sugar, towel dry, and let it air dry for a couple of days. You may be surprised, nothing to lose at this point.

Reaction score
Have you tried removing the old keyboard from Bluetooth settings and adding the new keyboard again.
Settings > Bluetooth > Add a device . There could be a difference in drivers.
Most modern Keyboards are capable of being washed. Run the old keyboard under the tap with warm water to remove the coffee/sugar, towel dry, and let it air dry for a couple of days. You may be surprised, nothing to lose at this point.

I love your idea. Yes, I have nothing to lose, I am going to give the keyboard a good wash and then stand back when I turn it on (LOL). If it explodes I will make sure I am out of the way.

Ask a Question