Bookmarks - Hidden Folders

Reaction score
When I installed Windows 10 all of my bookmarks went missing. I am told they are in the Hidden Folders and to access them I have to go to "Folders Options" in the Control Panel, and go from there. Only problem is I cannot find anything labelled as Control Panel anywhere, so don't know where to start looking.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Doug,

Which browser are you using (I guess it's the same one as before you upgraded?)? I'll find the favourites path for you and we can check there to see what the problem is :).

I'm unsure how the hidden folders option would help, but I'll create an article within the hour to show you how to enable this, then I'll reply with the link.

Reaction score
I would add. If you want to see the old Control panel, there are a couple of ways.
1. Right click the start icon. The option is in the list
2. In the start menu. Settings - All Apps - Windows system. It's in there.

or type Control Panel in the search box

Reaction score
The default view of Control Panel is Category so you may not recognize it . In the upper right select "View by" and pick one of the Icon views and it will appear just as you remember it.

Reaction score
If you use Chrome, Chrome stores bookmarks in the "User Data" folder located under
C:\Users\<Windows userid>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\

If you use firefox, the Firefox profile folder is located here:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\
"AppData" (XP: Application Data; Mac: ~/Library; Linux: ~/.mozilla) is a hidden folder.

Ask a Question