Boot disc won't load, hardware issue?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Trying to install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on an older desktop computer (AMD 4000+ CPU, Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard) and the boot disc won't get past the Windows logo splash screen; normally it would load the language and keyboard options after this, but in my case the process just hangs at the Windows logo and does not go past that.

I also notice that eventually the boot disc stops spinning in the drive, but the Windows logo remains. I've tried switching DVD drives but the same happens on another drive that I know is working.

Might this be a symptom of hardware issues, maybe something incompatible with Windows 10?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!

Reaction score
The dvd itself could be corrupt. You could try to burn another (burn at 4x or less if possible). Or better, create a bootable usb flash drive. Installs much faster than an optical drive. I'd try either of those first, before looking at hardware issues.

Reaction score
The disc should be fine, I've used it on another computer with no issues.

Pretty sure this computer doesn't support booting from USB, it's older hardware.. that's why I'm wondering if maybe there's some hardware/compatibility issue.

Reaction score
The disc should be fine, I've used it on another computer with no issues.

Pretty sure this computer doesn't support booting from USB, it's older hardware.. that's why I'm wondering if maybe there's some hardware/compatibility issue.
I had an old ASUS A7N8X Deluxe (circa 2002) that supported booting to USB
Depending on how old?? It may not run Windows 10.....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-is-pae-nx-sse2
An Athlon 64 4000+ shouldn't be an issue.

Reaction score
so i tried the 32 bit install disc, which booted successfully, even recognizes my JBOD drive.

i started the install process, looks like it was able to copy the files to the drive, but then BSODs after reboot with whea_uncorrectable_error, which i guess can be anything from CPU voltage issues to driver conflicts.

has anyone ever run into this error when installing the 32 bit version of Windows 10?

Ask a Question