Boot Issue

Reaction score
Background: Windows 10 is corrupted on my Dell XPS 27 and will need to be reset. With help from YouTube I was able to get it out of a repair loop several weeks ago and regain use of Windows albeit somewhat hobbled. Before that incident the touchscreen did not work. I did a restart which did not work so I went into the BIOS. The BIOS is Legacy with the Harddrive in the 1st position as I would expect. Searching for a solution I toggled down to Boot Manager and hit enter and Windows rebooted. Touchscreen worked as well.
I can't do this BIOS process indefinitely of course as auto reboots would fail. Next step, do I reset BIOS default values, convert to UEFI, reset Legacy boot. Will the issue go away with a Windows reset? Does need to be fixed before a reset.
Thanks

Reaction score
TBH in your position I would switch the BIOS to UEFI and do a fully clean install of Windows (deleting all existing system partitions). That will likely be the fastest way to a reliable OS.

Ask a Question