Boot up Weirdness

Reaction score
ok...sometimes when I boot up ...no worries. Goes past the usual Gigabyte BIOS stuff and then the WIN 10 logo, the Win10 splash page and I can click ENTER or whatever and the login comes up...enter PIN, voila!

Sometimes...when I boot up. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Eventually the rest of the sequence starts up and I'm in Windows 10 once again. So far it hasn't been any longer that 5-10 minutes

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason or pattern to this. Anyone else having this issue?

(note that when running Win7 I never had any issues like this).

thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Clean install or upgrade??
The reason I ask is because I have noticed that my boot time as well as some other things with my computer seem to be becoming progressively slower recently.
I've chalked that up to my still procrastinating on doing a clean install since the upgrade has (or had) been working so perfectly.
I've been holding off because I was hoping to wait until the release TH2 to the general public and doing the clean install with that ISO, but..... if I ever had to wait 5 - 10 minutes for my computer to finish booting up that would end my waiting and a clean install it would become.
My lag times are more like fractions of a minute, perhaps 10 to as much as 30 seconds, maybe a bit more at boot, but still noticeably different than immediately following the upgrade.

Reaction score
Upgraded first then went back and clean installed. Like I said, it's never consistent.

Ask a Question