Bootloop after interrupted update

Reaction score
Hi
I'm trying to help my friend. Her laptop turned off in middle a Windows update. Now when turning on the PC it is stuck in a bootloop.

What i did so far:

I made a bootable windows 10 USB, and I started the PC from the USB, so I could reach the Boot menu of Windows. I tried fix startup, no success. I tried uninstall previous update, no success.

Someone told me I need to delete the latest update files in CMD, but I have no idea how to make that either.

Can someone help please?!

Thanks

S.M.

Reaction score
Hi S.M,

did you get into "Advanced Start-up Options" and see if you can do a system restore using a restore point?. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I tried, but there's no restore point created.
Also tried Startup Repair, but without success.
Also tried Uninstall Updates, without success.
There's no option to Reset the PC in Troubleshoot because I'm starting from a bootable USB.
I also tried 3-4 times to start and force shutdown to open Boot menu from PC itself, but not going...

Any suggestions pls

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks.
A computer tech I know told me that I can delete the update files in CMD. What do you say to that? Is it ok to delete all the files stored over there (Windows\SoftwareDistribution) ??

Thanks again

Reaction score
I am quite sure you can but I personally have never done it so cannot really help you there, sorry. :(

Reaction score
Reaction score
The upgrade option (re-install) is what I posted in the link above, your files get put in a folder called Windows.old. :)

1611047233691.png

Ask a Question