BOTH of my keyboards have lost their brains

Reaction score
I just did clean install of Win 10 Anniversary. I'm soooooo sorry. But I have a problem maybe one of you can sort out.
I have a Logitech G105 Corded keyboard for my desktop. After new windows install, I was trying to enter my email. Upper case 2 now looks like this " It's kinda hard to work without being able to enter the AT sign. This is a gaming keyboard, though I'm not a gamer... It's just a very good solid keyboard and the keys can be programmed. The upper case 3 looks like this £
I didn't go thru all letters, just the top number row in upper case. I found the @ sign by accident. It is where the double quote sign is.
Well, I have a laptop with a Logitech wireless KB, so I went to get it. I'll be darn - it's doing the exact same thing. Now at first I thought it was Logitech prob cuz they use all this special software and drivers to allow their mice and keyboards to be customized/programmed. Now I highly doubt it.
I've already found quite a few differences/annoyances in this $!!$%& Anniversary edition, so I think it's a setting in Windows.
This is the first time ever I've had to reformat the display of the time and the date. Used to be the defaults were in place for the good old USA. NOPE. I went into change time and date, and it didn't let me change format. Had to go to regional settings. I was sitting in regional Netherlands!!!
Sooo, I think there is something possibly regional that's impacting the keyboard settings as well. I just don't know where else to look.
I just finished this install very late last night, and this morning haven't had much time to troubleshoot. I'm trying to get some of my important programs installed so I can do some productive work.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, or even a solution if someone has already found it.

Thanks guys.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It sounds like to me that 1, you have the wrong language install media; 2, you installed the wrong language for your OS; 3, you didn't install the driver/software for your keyboard.

I'd do another clean install making sure the install media is for your region/language. Then immediately after the clean install, you need to install your mobo drivers then any hardware driver/software packages you need.

Windows 10 ISO from MS

Logitech G105 keyboard driver software package.....

Reaction score
After changing from regional Netherlands to USA did you reboot and did that make a difference?

I just tried that , restarted and the keyboard was still the US English.

Reaction score
I rebooted after changing the regional settings. But I promise you guys, I didn't d/l a pack for Netherlands. Let me add to this thread. It's unrelated, but it still has to do with this new edition.

I'm running Enterprise Win 10 Pro. I d/l using Win media creation tool cuz that was the easiest way for me to get the latest edition. Look at thesee pics of my start screen. I've NEVER seen win 10 pro look like this.

Attachments

• Listing of all programs in new Windows 10 - Looks like win 8.jpg
    Listing of all programs in new Windows 10 - Looks like win 8.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 533
  • New windows 10 Start Screen - Yuk.jpg
    New windows 10 Start Screen - Yuk.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 472
Reaction score
No Tablet mode. And definitely not FULL screen mode. I wish I could use Full Screen, that's what I always used before because that gave me lots of space for my tiles. With this new version I'm getting the old Stupid Windows 8 listing of programs down the middle of my screen when I turn on Full Size Start Screen.
I've checked drivers, and both of the keyboards still work fine on my laptop, on previous version of 10.

I really hate to do it, after putting in all these hours since I was hacked on July 7, but I'm probably gonna download an older ISO of Windows and reinstall.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. In my mind, this Anniversary version just stinks.

Ask a Question