Browser loading slow - Windows or Browser at fault

Reaction score
Having recently changed my ISP and having 46Mbps download and 9.5Mbps upload against the previous having 15Mbps download etc.

Not sure where to look first as to whether Windows or Chrome/IE11 is at fault.

My default browser is Chrome with 4 plugins and 1 extension Adblock Plus and recently cleared the history etc. I added this to stop the adverts slowing the loading of the pages, but both Chrome and IE11 is no faster than the other with or without Adblocker.
IE11 is no better as not having any extensions or plugins etc.
If I download a file there is a clear improvement in speed,
Windows side, is fully up todate. And an upgrade from Win 7 back in January 2016. Also there are some of the old Win 7 files still on the Hdrive.
I run Malwarebytes, Windows defender and both up todate.

So anyone know whether the Browser being slow loading its pages is a Windows or Browser related.

thanks

Reaction score
windy10 The Grandkids prefer and use chrome as their default browser, Chrome is far from being slow with Windows 10 OS. Try disabling the plugins one by one clear all your history and cache from "The beginning of time" not " not this past week or day.
I'm sorry but I don't use Chrome, but I know from experience that when I clean the kids computer the first thing I do is go into the advanced settings and clear the cache from "The beginning of time" You would be amazed what is actually stored.
This may be off assistance and help you speed up your browser,
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/browser-loading-slow-windows-or-browser-at-fault.9738/

Reaction score
If you load IE, Chrome and Edge together, you will get a bit of a surprise, if you open the task manager see see how much of the resources Chrome is gobbling, compared to the other two. But I cannot think of an explanation as to both (IE and Chrome) both being slow. How does Edge compare?

Reaction score
Resources! I noticed Avira resources was up to 32% at times during MS updates. Now I know Avira is doing her job.

Reaction score
I have already deleted my history to the begining of time.
I tried disabling Malwarebytes and then Defender without any change to the openings of any of the Browsers

Edge seems to be the slowest of the 3 and not loading most of its images.
IE is the second slowest and loads all the same images as Edge.
Chrome as it seems, now I have disabled 3 of the addins leaving flashplayer as needed for some web pages. But is now faster and quicker than the other 2.

Reaction score
I'm not a used car salesman. But, IE was my default browser since Justin Bieber was a kid.
I don't like Edge and I'm not a fan of Chrome either. I switched from my beloved IE to Firefox as my default browser and very pleased with it's appearance functionality and browsing speed.
Give Firefox some air time and see how it fares against the others.

Reaction score
I'll give Firefox a try, are there any security issues with this and can the cookies/data be set as required.

thanks

Reaction score
Security would be on par with other browsers. Cookies data can be set/blocked with ease, tool bar and favorites work well, options are clear and concise. The only add on I use is Ad Block Plus, I've never had a glitch since running Firefox.

Ask a Question