Browser minimized

Reaction score
Lately, every time I click on Google Chrome the page comes up minimized. Then I have to click the Maximize box. what happened to cause this just the past month?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure what you are "clicking on" to launch Chrome but most shortcuts have properties that dictate how they behave when clicked, for example......
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Google Chrome
Right click and choose properties and under the Shortcut tab, in the "Run" property box use the drop down and change it to "Maximized" see if that helps.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I cannot find Google Chrome there or anywhere else - except in the tray at the bottom of the monitor. I tried Search Windows but that is totally useless - won't find anything even when I know it's there. Incidentally, the Google in the tray opens maximized but the one that used to be a shortcut didn't open maximized now has gone away and since I cannot find Google Chrome in my computer I cannot make another shortcut. It was the shortcut that wouldn't open maximized - only the one in the tray. Me thinks that MS updates do strange things to my computer like deleting a driver for my printer a few months ago.

Attachments

• Where is Google Chrome.jpg
    Where is Google Chrome.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 866

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have a look in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
OR
C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
IF you find the actual executable, just right click it and choose Send to ->Desktop (Create Shortcut)

Reaction score
OK, found it and created a shortcut. What I notice now is when Google is opened from the tray and I want to do another search, clicking open the Google shortcut brings up a minimized screen. Don't know what happened but I guess I'll have to deal with it;-(
BTW, I probably need a new pix as I have a butch hair cut these days!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
clicking open the Google shortcut brings up a minimized screen
Have you adjusted the properties of that new shortcut?
I'm not sure how Chrome deals with multiple browser instances.
Why aren't you just using another tab rather than opening a second instance of the browser?

Reaction score
Yes, I set the shortcut Google to Maximized to no avail. Personal preference to have two browsers open. Honestly, I have no use for the newer computers and all their ilk. I liked the days of no windows and using Edlin the line editor to make batch files and change things in the computer. My first computer was an 8088 and the second one had an internal hard drive of 40 mg. Now, if I could find my original post of why some of my jpegs won't show - but then again, NO one knew how to fix it.............
Again, thank you for trying - muchly appreciated - I'll mark the thread as solved(?)

Ask a Question