Browser Wars

Reaction score
Often, in this and other forums, and on sites where software is compared, iread of the differences between the different available Browsers.

I have the thre main ones installed, for no practical reason. With honestly, I cannot detect any visual differences in speed or performance generally. With this in mind, I stred all of them, clicked into a labour intensive site, and then had a look in the task amanager to see what resorces each may be using.
Appropos nothing, this is what I found:

'
Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I have gone to some sites which will run the processor up to 50% utilization. One of those was a Microsoft document site, which I never understood.

The site below was one and some of the others in that same area. I complained about some .dll which seemed to be using the processor and just checking now does not seem to produce the usage of resources. You might give it a look.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...upgrade-errors?OCID=WIP_r_20_Body_UpgradeTips

Reaction score
Was that the right link, Saltgrass. It didn't seem relevant??

Reaction score
Yes, it is a blog page discussing upgrade errors. That is why I could not understand why it was running my processor. It may have been something they had on the page at the time as like when some advertiser messes up an add and causes problems for viewers.

At that time I checked several other document sites and they did the same thing.

I have seen quite a few folks with problems which just happened to be running Chrome. Maybe coincidence but it does take quite a few resources. The capabilities of Browsers in certain areas, such as video or game playing, may be the type of activity which would make one better than others.

I don't use Chrome and hate Edge..

Ask a Question