BSOD after complete system factory reset

Reaction score
I decided to factory reset my computer after having caught a pretty serious virus, a Trojan to be exact. Although my anti virus did eliminate it i thought just to be on the safe side to factory reset my computer.
After the computer had finished the reset i started to load but never actually went to the start screen (where you can choose the account you can load into) instead it gave me a BSOD I tried everything even trying to enter safe mode but I can't access it. The computer continuously gives a BSOD. I can't find any solutions online. Please help me. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi Andre,

try creating a new USB /DVD bootable media and don't rely on the onboard recovery partition on your PC and do a full clean install with that.

Read through the whole thread here and it explains how to create a new version:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...ws-10-to-the-latest-version.13015/#post-73822 :)
Thanks for the reply. I have windows 10 on a cd so I'm wondering if can just insert the disc into the cd drive and do a clean installation through there.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have windows 10 on a cd so I'm wondering if can just insert the disc into the cd drive and do a clean installation through there.

No reason why not..

As for your restore from the restore partition, that may be a bit old, and was trying to do an update, or since it was on disk could be it also was infected (if that's what you used usually D:)

So I assume you "don't " have a way to boot into Windows now, if your getting the BSOD, so yeah you'll need the CD, it may ask you for a key, but I believe if W10 was digitally signed you can click ignore, and continue the install, it should automatically find the key.

Anyway, if all else fails, you can get hold of an ISO and burn it to disk or USB and do a "clean" install too.

Reaction score
No reason why not..

As for your restore from the restore partition, that may be a bit old, and was trying to do an update, or since it was on disk could be it also was infected (if that's what you used usually D:)

So I assume you "don't " have a way to boot into Windows now, if your getting the BSOD, so yeah you'll need the CD, it may ask you for a key, but I believe if W10 was digitally signed you can click ignore, and continue the install, it should automatically find the key.

Anyway, if all else fails, you can get hold of an ISO and burn it to disk or USB and do a "clean" install too.
Ok I'll try it. Thank you for the help :)

Reaction score
No reason why not..

Inserting the CD did not work. The computer simply didn't register the CD. What can I do now? The computer is just in an endless cycle of BSOD then restarting.

Reaction score
Inserting the CD did not work. The computer simply didn't register the CD. What can I do now? The computer is just in an endless cycle of BSOD then restarting.

hmm, well I guess asking you to download a ISO and burn it to USB is out too since you can't even get into it.

So is that the only computer you have? if your on line you must be using something, if you can't get the ISo (google Windows 10 media creation tool), than you might need to find a friend or neighbor that can download it for you.

So when you booted with the CD drive, did you first go to your boot menu (press esc, at boot and look for the "boot menu") to set it to boot from that (like Wolfie said too) That may be the reason it wasn't doing what you wanted, because many have it set to boot to system first when it boots.

BTW once you have W10 on USB, that will be able to be used to boot in case of this, and use it for recovery options.

Ask a Question