BSOD - constant loop in autorepair

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by Jeff Wolff, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Jeff Wolff

Jeff Wolff

Hello All.
    I started having problems Wednesday evening(12/28) with the system going into the autorepair loop. I have tried every single option that was posted except reset as I do not want to have to reload all the apps.
    Boot disk does not work nor any other restart options. It will not boot up in safe mode as it just hangs on that option.
    I am an old dos guy from way back so I looked around and saw a bugcheck 5a error. I cannot load the screen shot as it is too large.
    I also noticed on timestamps a number of windows updates during the day on 12/28, though I did not do this myself.
    I have a screen shot of that which is too large to upload.
    The only thing I did on 12/28 in the afternoon was to sync up an ipad to transfer iTunes to the ipad from my desktop computer.
    It appears the C: drive is healthy(118GB) and my D: drive(1TB) houses everything else.
    Something got corrupted and I don't know where else to look. If nobody has any suggestions, I will have to take to a local computer repair place.
    Look forward to any suggestions.
    THanks,
    Jeff

Jeff Wolff, Dec 30, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Jeff Wolff

Jeff Wolff

Additionally this is Windows 10 installed July 2016 and I have no disk image nor backups.

Jeff Wolff, Dec 30, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Jeff Wolff

Saltgrass

The bug check code is shown below, but isn't much help unless we can get a dump file. Even if we knew what was causing the problem, we would have to get access to your system to make repairs..

If you are in the repair options, is there some option to boot with minimum drivers? It would probably be in the Advanced section. Safe Mode would be great but for some reason it won't go there.

If you use the option to continue into windows, does it just go back to the Repair options? Do you ever get an option to Cancel?

Saltgrass, Jan 2, 2017
    1. Advertisements