BSOD (Could be caused by Wifi)

Reaction score
I have been getting EXPOOL_DRIVER_CORRUPTED errors along with WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors non stop. I have tried uninstalling problematic drivers but nothing works. Also, whenever I connect to a wifi network I immidiately freeze and get one of the errors mentioned above. My computer is literally unusable, it crashes the moment I connect to a network, and thats if Im lucky.

Specs.
Windows 10
Intel Core i7 inside
Gtx 980m

Edit:I tried again and I got an error saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA

2nd attempt: IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

3rd attempt: Complete freeze, no response whatsoever, not even an error message. Had to close with the power button. Started with Safe mode. Drivers that I have unistalled are still here and are still problematic.

Restarted after deleting the same drivers again. They are back, but they appear to work fine. I am sitting in my desktop screen without a Wifi connection. Wireless adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8269) is on. Entered the network securit key, got another WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Restarted again, same thing. Please help...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums.
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Copy the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump to another folder on your desktop and zip that up and attach it to your next post.
Hopefully someone will have the time to have a look at your dump files to see if they can spot the problem.

In the mean time
Check with your computer manufacturer or better yet your system board manufacturer and see if there is a BIOS update available, specific for your motherboard that may help in addressing system stability issues.

Check your hard disk for issues by using the native Disk Check Utility. Open an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
and hit enter. Answer in the affirmative “Y” when prompted and reboot your computer. Allow it to complete do not attempt to interrupt it which will likely take some time (bigger the drive, longer it takes) and check the results in the Event Viewer when complete.

Check your system memory for problems.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here.
Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test on RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Ask a Question