SOLVED BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Need some help Windows 10

Reaction score
Just built this pc around 2 weeks ago with new parts, aside from the ram and gpu , these are the specs

Asrock extreme3 970 r2.0
R7 260X
FX-8350
24gb kingston ram 2 new stick and one from past build
600cx cosair psu
120 adata SSD

It seems at random that i will get the BSOD, sometimes it wont happen for hours and othertimes it will happen a few times within the hour. I have run chkdsk and it came back with no errors. I have some minidump files i will attach. I believe i have updated all my drivers as well, not 100% though. Thanks in advance for the help.

Also my BIOs and CPU-z can see all 24GB ram but windows says only 8GB is useable and the rest is reserved for hardware which is 16GB isn't that a bit much? One of the sticks has a different timing if that makes a difference. I was still getting the BSOD with the single 8GB old ram. The two new hyper x Rams won't work by themselves as wel, only when the old 8GB is plugged in with them. Hyper x website shows its compatible with my mobo.

Attachments

• 091616-7734-01.zip
    67.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 091616-7468-01.zip
    90.5 KB · Views: 350
  • minidumps.zip
    188.2 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Check your memory.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Check your memory.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

everything checked out fine, i turned off superfetch as im using an SSD seems to have stopped the frequency of the BSOD a bit. Went two days without one, then got another one last night. Same as the other mini dumps. Anyone else have any ideas?

Reaction score
Managed to fix both issues, creating a new user on my pc fixed the crashes.

Motherboard was replaced due to a faulty motherboard memory controller.

Ask a Question