BSODs Since PC Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi everyone, a few months ago I upgraded my computer (new ram, cpu, motherboard), and since then I have been experiencing multiple BSODs. They don't occur often, but maybe around a few times a month. They occur mostly while I'm gaming, but have sometimes occurred when I'm just browsing the internet. I have tried viewing the .dmp files with windbg, but I always get the same "GetContextState failed, 0x8007001E" message, making me unable to actually see the cause of the bsods. I'm not sure if this means that the BSOD is more of a hardware issue or something on my end with windgb. I'll also note that I barely ever (if ever) get the bsods from bench-marking tests and the like, so I'm pretty clueless to what my issue is. I'll upload my most recent .dmp file, as well. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• dump.zip
    129 KB · Views: 364
Reaction score
Josh,

When you upgraded your PC did you keep same GFX card and also what brand and specs of ram, mobo, and CPU did you install.

Reaction score
Josh,

When you upgraded your PC did you keep same GFX card and also what brand and specs of ram, mobo, and CPU did you install.
Yes, I kept the same gfx card (gtx 970), and i have an Asus z170-ar motherboard, i7 6700k cpu (OC'd to 4.3 ghz), and evga SuperSC ddr4 ram

Last edited:

Ask a Question