Bugs - uncontrollable cursor and zooming in and out

Reaction score
This is driving me absolutely crazy. The cursor jumps around the screen and the screen randomly zooms in and out. Please help me with a fix if this is related to my recent upgrade to Windows 10. I seem to have lost control of my laptop since then.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You've provided absolutely no information regarding the computer we're talking about, laptop desktop, what is generating your cursor, a usb mouse, a laptop trackpad, a wireless mouse??????

So, can you boot into safe mode, if so does the computer still do whatever it is doing now?

Reaction score
I really appreciate your response. This is the first time I've posted on this forum. Forgive me for my ignorance. I'm on a laptop (I did say that). I don't have a mouse that plugs into the usb port. If a trackpad is the area on my laptop where my finger is suppose to control the cursor (except my finger doesn't have any control of the cursor now), I guess what generates my cursor is a wireless trackpad. I don't know how to reboot my laptop in safe mode or if I did, how I would test it to determine if it still does what it's doing now. I'm sorry, you're talking to someone who's never had a computer class so if you have a solution, can you walk me through it using language an extreme novice can follow?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Instead of logging in.... at the login screen use the power button (bottom near the left next to the ease of access icon), hold the shift key and select restart. Then you'll need to navigate the subsequent screen(s) to get to startup options and then select safe mode (I think option 4)
I believe the screen selection will be
Troubleshoot
Advanced options
Startup Settings
Restart
and then select the number next to safe mode
Good luck
Keep us posted.

Ask a Question