Build 14379

Reaction score
Yep. Just saw the twitter. Doesn't look very exciting for PCs

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well, at least this time I can report that nothing seems broken.
Lately it seems like every other build performed as an update / upgrade seems to leave one or two of the Universal Apps unusable.
Lately it's been alternating between Weather and Store. This time it seems that they all survived.
So..... I guess with the long holiday weekend approaching we can relax and actually play with this build for a few days before the next one hits.

Reaction score
Yes downloaded and installed on my laptop, Surface Pro 3 and Mobile. All are working fine.

Reaction score
It only took me 4 hours to update this. All started off OK til the restart and then some type of error flew by the screen. When it was done it came back to the desktop but I had no internet. I restarted my machine and it BSOD'd saying that the ntkernal was missing. I tried to restore it with Macrium Reflect to no avail. I tried to repair it using a build 14376 DVD which failed. I ended up re installing 14376 from the DVD and then restoring it from MR to get my programs back. I then started the process once more and this time everything went just fine. Build 14379 seems to be stable but I have yet to find a difference in the two builds.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
yet to find a difference in the two builds.
Nope..... nothing glaring anyway. Hardly seems worth the PITA you went through to get it up and running..
Any idea, why your image failed to save the day. NOW that is definitely worth looking into.

Reaction score
Nope..... nothing glaring anyway. Hardly seems worth the PITA you went through to get it up and running..
Any idea, why your image failed to save the day. NOW that is definitely worth looking into.

No only that MR was updated the same day. But it worked fine after the clean install.

Reaction score
Anyone using Remote Desktop on 14379. Not working on my computer. My grandson uses it to hook up to his Raspberry Pi via mstsc, and it does not work any longer. Still works fine on the laptop and other desktop here, but they are not on fast ring, so they have been stable

Ask a Question