Build 15019 will be out tommorow

Reaction score
https://www.neowin.net/news/game-mode-is-coming-to-windows-insiders-tomorrow-heres-how-it-works

As far as how much performance will be gained in the game and how much will be lost in background tasks, that's still a question mark. Obviously, Game Mode is still in development, so we probably won't have specifics until we get closer to the Creators Update launch, which is slated for April. Everything should still work though, such as notifications and Cortana.

While Game Mode appeared in build 15007, it didn't do anything. Insiders should be able to utilize the feature in the next Fast ring build, which should be 15019 and will arrive tomorrow.

Reaction score
Untitled.png

Per Dona's teaser today the build will be on Friday.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So.... you're taking that to mean a date, as in January "27" tomorrow, or.....
A build number as in 15027 ??

Reaction score
So.... you're taking that to mean a date, as in January "27" tomorrow, or.....
A build number as in 15027 ??
The date 1.27.2017 But now I am hearing rumors that it won't be out. If it is not, that will just make me even more upset about DS teasing BS.

Reaction score
I could not find a direct statement from MS, regarding the release, only those on other sites stating it.
But I did find a statement from MS saying that problems had been discovered connected with extensions not working and the release was being held back awhile. - That was also third party info.

Reaction score
I could not find a direct statement from MS, regarding the release, only those on other sites stating it.
But I did find a statement from MS saying that problems had been discovered connected with extensions not working and the release was being held back awhile. - That was also third party info.

Reaction score
That was a waste of 4 hours. It failed 3 times, 1 GSOD and the game mode does nothing to help with Steam Games. Also a few of my programs would not work so I am back on The AU. Also a 132 processed is a tad too many.

Reaction score
it takes forever to download and install. At first it looks like it has downloaded everything as it starts to initialize (which takes a long time), then it really starts to download really quick but after that it takes its time to "preparing to install updates" .
I thought, with the new update system UUP (right?) it should go much faster?? Not feeling it at all......

Reaction score
it takes forever to download and install. At first it looks like it has downloaded everything as it starts to initialize (which takes a long time), then it really starts to download really quick but after that it takes its time to "preparing to install updates" .
I thought, with the new update system UUP (right?) it should go much faster?? Not feeling it at all......

It happened this way here as well. I run Task Manager while these builds are loading and on this occasion I saw. that when it started it was using all my ethernet to download for a minute or two. Then, although it said it was downloading there was no activity except some CPU. 1/2 hour later it suddenly started to download at full speed, showed the progress bar properly, got to 99%, ethernet activity stopped, cpu went to 100% for 3-4 minutes then it asked for the restart.

I wonder if there is a ( more likely several) download queue at MS and if it is full your machine just idles until it gets a slot.

Reaction score
After it was installed I saw nothing of interest in the short time I played with it.

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a ( more likely several) download queue at MS and if it is full your machine just idles until it gets a slot.

This may be a probable and likely explanation..

Compared to the previous release I saw only one change so far and that is a GAME icon in the settings. That wasn't there in the previous build...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I saw only one change so far and that is a GAME icon in the settings.
I did notice this one.....
Improved discovery for Troubleshooters: Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. With Build 15019, we bring the latest piece of our ongoing effort to converge Control Panel into Settings and are happy to let you know that the Troubleshooters section of Control Panel has been migrated into Settings. We also flattened the hierarchy to make them easier to find, and added more solutions, too! Head to Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot to see the complete list.
Now ..... IF they would only work to actually troubleshoot and resolved some problems that folks are having..... that would be nice.

Reaction score
I don't think it would be difficult to do a better job of telling the user what is going on with the builds. IOS for instance says Download requested while your device is awaiting its slot in the queue and then Downloading and then preparing update.

Ask a Question