BUILD 16232

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like another teaser for a new build for fast ringers
https://twitter.com/donasarkar/status/880169976895651840

15228.jpg

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...32-pc-build-15228-mobile/#lAY3GhyQOwzhmQLH.97

Everyone should definitely read the "Known Issues" section of the blog post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seemed like it was faster than last time until it got almost stuck at 75% install and then after a long time it went to 76% and remains stuck there for eternity? After about 20 minutes it has gone to 77%. I estimate it may complete the install sometime before the Universe ends. Now nearing the finish line at 97%.
Spoke to soon. Still at 97% installed. You know the old saying "A watched install never boils"

Good news 16232 installed ok. Took about 7 hours. I do not use Edge so did not test it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am done completely with This Insider Program. Seven hours is long enough to build 5 PC's a simple Update used to take 20 Minutes. It took mine 2 hours and the first time I opened Firefox it blue screened. All of the Metro Aps names were garbled not that I care as they all are junk except for The weather. I let them know my feelings about this program and this build in the Hub, Microsoft should be ashamed to release garbage like this. Stick a fork in me , I am done well done!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Completed one install, which did take what seemed to be a very long time.
Used that install to create an ISO and used that ISO to perform the second install (upgrade) which took almost exactly 30 minutes from start to functioning desktop again (actually 29 minutes and some change).

Regedit32

Reaction score
Completed one install, which did take what seemed to be a very long time.

Yeah for me the unpacking between 77% and 85% was tediously slow.

Once I finally got to restart though, that part went reasonably efficient.

So far things seem stable. Time will tell I guess.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Seems that ever since they graduated to the all new Universal Update Platform, upgrades have been taking longer which is the exact opposite of what was suppose to happen.
Makes me wish that they would go back to the old way of pushing these builds. Not that I remember what the "old way" actually was.... I just seem to remember that it was or at least seemed to be faster.

Probably just me, reminiscing about the "good old days" being so much better, which of course I know is rarely if ever the actual case.

Reaction score
Decide to have another go at insider... download fast but install glacial. We will see how it goes. I5 laptop with 8Mb ram and an SSD. Not the fastest machine in existence but not that sluggish either.

At the moment (88% installed) it is maxing out the disk in transaction s rather than bytes of transfer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No doubt, your patience with definitely be tested.
You'll find yourself asking.... why do I even bother.
I pretty much just leave and let it do whatever it's going to do and check back every half hour or so to see if there is something I need to click.
Watching one of these recent installs is about as entertaining as watching our president read from a teleprompter.
I've found that in both cases doing something else (mow the grass, vacuum the pool, go for a walk, etc.,) is a better use of my time.

Reaction score
wellllll it is at 98% after 1hr and 5 minutes so I have some hope.

It is doing an update after all which suggests it must carefully put build 1703 away so it can be reinstalled. I am sure downloading the iso and installing would have been faster.

I play solitaire and watch the news on my other machine.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Just experienced a significant issue with the latest prerelease.

After installing an additional language pack and sapi voices [not sure whether this is the cause or just coincidental], when I next restarted computer, signing in appeared to work, but then looped back to the lock screen.

Whatever is causing this is not global, as I was able to sign-in to a temporary account, and also sign-in to the built-in Administrator account. However, I was unable to resolve the issue with the account I typically use daily.

In the end I had to use a System Image to recover from.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Ask a Question