Build 16251

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Another picture hint for the new build which should be arriving today in the next hour or so.
https://twitter.com/donasarkar/status/890238511562883072

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
oh great another update , just what we need , an update to an older windows would be better , no cortana , no edge , no unwanted apps , no gaming bar . decent fonts and colours , no forced apps where we're not allowed to take them off due to windows thinkg they own my computer . windows might actually give us something we want instead of giving us absolute crap . after each new set of downloads which seem to be daily i come on here and see all the disgruntled users complaining about what is and isnt working . windows 10 doesnt work it should be replaced by something alot better and user friendly , like etch-a-sketch that would be better . thanks but no thanks

Reaction score
Installing away at 77% but with very little cpu activity but the SSD doing something flat out. Don't understand why. ..and given it is an SSD why taking so long. MS need to do something on this.

I bet it will remove my old Solitaire as well. I understand why Gideon gets annoyed....

Reaction score
Installing away at 77% but with very little cpu activity but the SSD doing something flat out. Don't understand why. ..and given it is an SSD why taking so long. MS need to do something on this.

I bet it will remove my old Solitaire as well. I understand why Gideon gets annoyed....
Not any more, I could not even boot into this POS. I am done now for good. What I sent to the Hub will no doubt get me thrown out. If it were not for Macrium Reflect I would be doing a clean install of WIN 7!

Reaction score
I am at 77 now after a long pause at 76. I wonder if someone gets a prize for the slowest code in the Universe?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was certainly looking forward to this build, if for nothing else to see the results of this
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/new-update-process-announced.14269/

Where they had revamped the process, taking some bits from the second stage (what they call the offline part, meaning after you click the restart button) and placing them into the first stage (one they call the online part, before you see and are able to click the restart button) the part where you can still use your computer while the updating is going on in the back ground.

This would as I understood it, increase the first stage which seems that it certainly has and subsequently decrease the amount of time required for the second stage before you were able to use your computer again, which I think, I can safely say........ IT has not.

This update had to take longer than any previous one that I have performed. I didn't put a stop watch on it this time but I agree that something needs to be done.
I can't even imagine how many people are going to interrupt their upgrades when this thing appears to be hung at 75% forever and force restart and smoke their install.
I guess they are hoping that no one will notice as that part will likely happen to most people in the background and their computers will auto reboot during quiet hours.
I certainly wish them luck with that, but a lot of people ( and I mean a whole lot of people ) randomly restart their computers for any number of reasons multiple times a day.

Reaction score
My update failed so I am trying again

Trouble, that Xaml also failed today as did an Advertising thing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My update failed so I am trying again
Damn that's frustrating. Especially cause, there are very few members on this site who are insiders whom I can kibitz with.

I did manage to get it to install without any issues, except the time involved which I guess I'm getting used to.
My second install using the ISO I created from the first install, went normally and took somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 minutes, maybe a bit less this time, I wasn't watching closely

Reaction score
I loaded the production release from Macrium. Tomorrow I'll rejoin the Insiders program and try again. No idea what was wrong but I did worry about the amount of writes it did to my SSD. Not good for it.

How do you make an ISO from the downloaded install? Still need Rufus to get it to a USB stick.?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How do you make an ISO from the downloaded install?
I use a tool called UUPtoISO
http://www.windowslatest.com/2017/07/10/convert-windows-10-uup-to-iso/
The author of that article has an extra step that I don't typically employ, so if you have any problems with the process send me a PM and I'll explain what I do, step by step.
It can take a while to complete......
Still need Rufus to get it to a USB stick.?
No, not typically. The program generates an ISO inside its' own folder which you can double click to mount and run setup.exe to perform the in-place upgrade.
OF course if you wanted bootable media then yes.... you would need to use Rufus or ImgBurn to convert the ISO to bootable media.

Reaction score

you can just re install it.

Reaction score
And I do reinstall it but why does Windows uninstall it...probably because it has its original name.

Reaction score
Started update about three hours ago, Install is at 92% right now (activity on the drive - 40%- and 45-50% CPU load....

I use a tool called UUPtoISO
http://www.windowslatest.com/2017/07/10/convert-windows-10-uup-to-iso/
The author of that article has an extra step that I don't typically employ, so if you have any problems with the process send me a PM and I'll explain what I do, step by step.
It can take a while to complete......
I have used that tool for the first time and it is working quite well, even though it took a long time.

Gonna keep that tool as a nice addition to my collection...

[Edit]
it is shortly after midnight and my pc is finally restarting...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn that's frustrating. Especially cause, there are very few members on this site who are insiders whom I can kibitz with.

I wonder if it would be practical for Ian to start yet another forum, as well as the earlier ones (/ etc..) for Insiders. Might attract a lot more customers. I am sure the program is going to continue beyond the next major update. (Yourself as joint Administrator, naturally!!!)

Ask a Question