Build 16288

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Fast Ring Build available although I don't seem to be getting it yet
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...88-pc-build-15250-mobile/#VI6608qwLI85BtVO.97
You will also see that the OS now reports as “Version 1709” which is the official version number for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update release. However, this is NOT the final build as we’re not done yet.
Capture.PNG

https://twitter.com/donasarkar/status/907710903314931712

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am getting a message in WU "An update is being prepared for your device but it is not ready yet.

Reaction score
Same here and apparently a whole lot of other folks as well.
I tweeted DS and they are looking into it. They better look real hard. Those that are getting it say it is build 1709 without a watermark.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It would be funny, if it was so pathetic ....
They fed us a bunch of hooey last week, when no new build was dropped, about a blocking bug that they had to test in their "Canary Ring" and this is the results.
The fact that this is the first build in the insider preview series without the watermark and with the 1709 release designation and this is what happens...... although I don't think they have the gene for it......
I think I would be embarrassed

Reaction score
well, at 05:00 EDT I am still getting the not ready message...must be Trump's doing!

Regedit32

Reaction score
13 September 11 pm here in kiwi land

Anyone managed to get this insider to even begin downloading?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like their announcement, some eleven hours ago, that in two hours all would be well, was a little premature.
5:00 P.M. Pacific time today is their latest promise.
I'll be sure to await its' arrival eagerly.
I used to think that it was a matter of the left hand not knowing what the right was doing.
NOW.... I'm pretty sure that the left hand doesn't even know that there is a right hand.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As of a few minutes ago

Capture.PNG

So.......
I rest my case.

Reaction score
This insider program is turning into a F'ng joke. I tried the get help thing last night. What a waste the Bot asked if I wanted a call from a tech and said yes. My phone rang and it was MS support but The tech said that his dept dis not support Windows 10 so he transferred me to some A$$ H0&2 who informed in a very sarcastic manner that MS only supports users that Purchase Windows 10. If I ever speak to MS again I will get their name. Kind of makes me wonder why I ever got involved with this! The leader DS is so full of herself it is pathetic. I was the lucky one to make contact with DS about this through Twitter. I would not believe a word she says, she should be a politician.

Reaction score
Apparently, they are "preparing" it for individual countries around the world. I don't know how they have allocated priorities, but many are now downloading.
"Preparing" davehc private dictionary definition. Trying desperately to correct the language mistakes they should not have made in the first instance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Apparently, they are "preparing" it for individual countries around the world. I don't know how they have allocated priorities, but many are now downloading.
One might think that since they are based here in the lower 48 of the continental United States, that perhaps contiguous geographical locations might receive some priority if for no other reason than just physical geography, but....
Evidently not, as I am still receiving the same message.
Who knows?
AND
I'm getting pretty close to "who cares"?

Ask a Question