Burning photo files onto a dvd disk, what is the correct way?

Reaction score
Hi I'm burning photo files onto a dvd disk (4.7gb 16x) and I select all then right click and 'send to', and CD/DVD instead of flash drive. Lately it has worked, but when I did it this morning it said there wasn't enough room on the disk, so I copied some image's and then retried with the remaining one's (330 picture's). A box has come up saying it's copying them over but at 0% it's not doing anything.

Am I doing something wrong? It used to be so much easier when I could do a gift CD with Picassa but since that's gone I've had to make do with windows.

Can someone explain to me please?

Thanks.

Reaction score
There indeed could be not enough room on the disc, DVDs typically can hold only about 4.0 to 4.2GB after their formatting. DVD RW discs may be a bit less. The DVD+R DL/DualLayer disc at 8.4GB can hold only about 8GB.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. What's with the box coming up saying it's copying them over but at 0%, not doing anything? Am I better off using Windows media player?

Reaction score
Hi I've never heard of Windows Photo Viewer. can I also make gift CD's, DVD's using this please?

Reaction score
I've never heard of Windows Photo Viewer
It's been around for several Versions of Windows, may seem a bit 'toothy' to newcomers to Windows 10 but still quite useful.

can I also make gift CD's, DVD's using this please?
There's several variables in such a project as in who will be receiving them, do they have a computer, do they have a particular program like what is used to create the discs. I just use them for file storage/archiving which most computers can read. Do the discs need to auto-run, do they need to play on a TV, maybe a presentation as PowerPoint or other program can do?

Ask a Question