Busy Week Ahead, Win 10 Thr2 to Launch Tomorrow

Reaction score
The Source

Microsoft users will have a few busy days this week, as the company is set to launch Threshold 2, the first big update for Windows 10 after RTM, as well as a new mobile build for insiders.

Threshold 2 is first and foremost the most important update for Windows 10 after the operating system rolled out on July 29. Microsoft has been testing several new improvements with the Insider Program, and now that most of them have proved to be stable enough for prime time, the company is shipping them to computers running RTM as well.

This rollout will take place via Windows Update, so tomorrow, in addition to the usual security updates that Microsoft releases every Patch Tuesday, you should also see another big update comprising several exciting changes.

For more info see the source

Reaction score
Well I downloaded and installed the latest build, which was allegedly the "Threshold 2" massive update. still searching for those magnificent changes - LOL

Reaction score
Well I downloaded and installed the latest build, which was allegedly the "Threshold 2" massive update. still searching for those magnificent changes - LOL
Where did you get it as it was not released yet?

Reaction score
I guess we will have to wait a while longer

Windows 10 Build 10586 (Threshold 2) released to Slow Ring Windows Insiders

• Published 18 hours ago

windows_10_bubble-600x338.jpg

Threshold 2 is now available to Windows Insiders on the Slow Ring. Users on the Fast Ring received Windows 10 Build 10586 last week and now more cautious fans of the preview get to try out the November Update, Fall Update, Threshold 2, Windows 10 Build 10586 -- call it what you will.

With the official rollout of Windows 10's biggest update since launch is widely expected to take place tomorrow, 10 November, Slow Ring users may not be given much of a head start, but it does still -- just about -- qualify as an early glimpse.

As this is exactly the same build that Fast Ring users are already running, there are no surprises. All of the same updates and tweaks are present, and the desktop watermark has been ditched -- a sure fire indicator that this is indeed the final build.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
launch is widely expected to take place tomorrow, 10 November
A release to insiders on the Slow Ring would be the logical last step prior to releasing it to the general public.
So I guess we'll see what updated Tuesday brings in another hour or so.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well that didn't take long.
Updates downloading now.
Many for the Office Suite, but I do see a couple for Windows 10, including a "Cumulative Update"
Guess I'll see what that contains after the installs complete and I reboot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Even a
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3105211)
On my machine already running 1511, although I don't see much change

Capture.PNG

It does have a .3 after the build info. I'm not sure that was present prior to the cumulative update.

Reaction score
That is what I got , two for win 10 and a bunch for Office 2010. I don't believe tha 3 was there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No such luck on my other install (upgrade) of Windows 10

Capture.JPG

Still showing 10240 so evidently no Threshold 2 (TH_2 1115) for us today.

Reaction score
no TH2 here, I updated a mess of stuff, but no TH2, my ver is still the same 240. Haven't seen anything where MS has said its been delayed.

Reaction score
Ohh well another sleepless night wondering.
I often get my Tuesday updates on a Thursday so they obviously work to a different calendar than i do. ;)

Ask a Question