SOLVED C shows full, files in it (hidden included) add up to half

Reaction score
Besides that, when I free space it shows around 5GB free space for around 5 minutes then goes back to 0.
Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_3.png

Don't suggest clearing up more space. It is obviously a bug. Tried disk defrag and Avast Cleanup.

Reaction score
This is what my PC shows which is accurate:

2018-01-01_155257.jpg

The folders on your machine ($GetCurrent, $SysReset) I have seen only on one kind of System, a preactivated System.
Remember you have more hidden files in the root than what you see there as they are pagefile.sys, hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys) and other folders like here:

2018-01-01_155850.jpg

Those can take up a lot of space. You can run the disk cleanup (including system files) to see if you can free up space....
You probably can delete the folder ESD as it usually contains installation files. Do at your own risk !

Reaction score
Run the Admin cmd prompt. type "dir C:\" is will show the directories and the amount of free disk space.

Reaction score
Did a restart.... Everything is back to normal. It was clearly a bug or something. When I was deleting files and then checked space on C it was showing like 5GB free. After 5 mins it was full again, without me doing anyting. Thanks. Maybe this post will be seen by somebody has the "real version" (not a bug) of this problem.

Reaction score
Another idea: Do you have the feature " System Protection " active? These are Restore points that are created every time you do an update (or create a manual restore point, whatever it will be). Those restore points can take up a lot of space depending on your settings. I myself have set a limit of 5% of the drive capacity as restore points which I delete manually as soon as I make an Image of my system via Acronis True Image 2011 (I know its an old version but it works flawless).

Ask a Question