Calendar App deletes everything

Reaction score
On an Alcatel One-Touch phone, trying to use the pre-installed Outlook Calendar. The two times I have tried adding events to my calendar, the app has flashed a "deleted" message -- and then it deleted *everything* in my calendar. Luckily, things that were in my (old) Google calendar repopulated (so I didn't lose my entire calendar), but it's kinda useless to have a calendar app that I can't add events to -- and don't have any confidence in. Any suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Same phone running Windows 10 Build 10586.107 (not participating in the insider program on this phone).
No such problems, at least not so far.
Have you checked the store app to see if there are any updates pending?

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! I don't think there are any updates pending. (Of course, I would be more certain of that if there was some response like "all apps up-to-date" when I press the "Check for updates" button. But the little circle thingy stopped going around... and I have pressed the "check for updates" button a few times now and it hasn't told me there are any updates waiting.)

And it may be that I just needed to complain, to fix the problem. Because now that I've started this thread, I AM able to add events to the calendar without wiping the rest of it out. So the problem isn't replicable, at least not right now. But I promise, it happened *twice* before I started complaining.

I am wondering if I just have a "bad" phone...? Frequently, when switching between apps, I get a white screen "resuming" message that doesn't resolve unless I shut the phone off and restart. Have you experienced that, on your phone?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No.... I did however have that same thing happen on my Lumia 810 on a couple of the Windows 10 mobile insider preview program but not so far on this Windows 10 Alcatel Fierce XL OneTouch.
Back to the calendar app.
I've noticed that by default there are more than one calendar and you can select them or turn them off. When I do that, some of my events seem to disappear and only reappear after turning them all back on and then restarting the Calendar App.
IDK..... I think that a lot of these so called "Universal Apps" are still a bit sketchy and I've found that it seems to be best to use my PC's web browser and go to my hotmail account and handle my mail, calendar and people things that way, it seems to be a bit more dependable in the results department. So if I want to add a sub-folder container to my in-box, or a contact group in people, or an event in calendar I do it that way......
OR
At least double check it there if I'm forced to do one on the fly, on my phone.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback... I'm afraid I got spoiled by the reliability of the calendar on my old Windows 8 phone... I stopped using a paper calendar (and I am usually not near my laptop, when I need to make schedule commitments). I guess I will just send myself an email (from the phone) every time I make a commitment, at least for a while, so I have at least SOME sort of a backup if it deletes everything again.

And I don't think it was a question of which calendars were showing... there was that flashing "delete" warning as everything was vanishing!

But since the Alcatel was a brand-new phone, it may have been an update issue... the calendar app now seems to have a two-step "delete" process, which it didn't have before. But it's gonna be a while before I rely on it.

Thanks, again, for your comments.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good luck and please keep us posted if the problem returns.
I really like mine, but wouldn't hesitate to return it for a new one, if I suspected that it was actually the phone producing the problem.

Ask a Question