Call this a rumor as it does not come from Microsoft

Reaction score
Rumor has it that come November, Win 7/8,1 users can directly Clean Install Windows 10 and use their Win7/8.1 product key to activate.
That is to say that they do not need to do the initial Upgrade Install first.
Clean Install believers will find that welcoming ?
Since it is taken as "rumor" I shall not post a link to the article I read.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anything that does not come from Microsoft's mouth is considered as rumor.

Furthermore, read the article first before you respond.
Last sentence of your link............................

Microsoft hasn't yet confirmed this new system for RTM users, so take it as a rumor until a confirmation is being offered.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Probably in a couple more weeks after Threshold_2 goes public and the download / ISO is generally available, it'll support a clean install with a prior Key.

Reaction score
Probably in a couple more weeks after Threshold_2 goes public and the download / ISO is generally available, it'll support a clean install with a prior Key.

I wonder if this "rumour" is confirmed and implemented by Microsoft, can I do this ?..................

Can I dual boot Win7/8.1 with Win 10 using Win7/8.1 key to activate Win 10 ?

I did that by dual booting Win 10 Pro and Insider preview 10565, and I used Win 8.1 key to activate build 10565.

Just wonder.
Probably we need further clarification from MS on this matter. Sadly, MS is very bad in making clarifications.

Ask a Question