Can I connect Windows 7 and Windows 10?

Reaction score
I have a Windows 7 laptop and Windows 10 PC.
I set the worksgroup name as the same name.
I Turned On everything in advance sharing settings, except for Password protected sharing which i turned it off.
I can see my Windows 10 in Network, but when i open it, it leads me to Diagnose window.

Can someone help.

THanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Do either or both machines have any third party security suite software installed?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believe that, that product also contains a firewall component, hence the name "Total" although I don't know for certain.
It may require that you configure the software so that it supports (Trusts) what you are attempting.
My suggestions would be to totally uninstall any such program by first using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel and follow that up by using the vendor specific, proprietary removal tool
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us
To make sure that all remnants are removed from both computers.

Then determine if you can configure and use your local network as expected.
Afterwhich you can re-install the product if you so choose.

NOTE = EDIT: In the above comments I was assuming that you were using a Norton / Symantec software product. IF that is not the case then you will have to find the vendor specific, proprietary removal tool elsewhere.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope..... I've yet to see the default state of the Windows Firewall cause networking issues.
I have however seen instances where people have messed around with settings that were in appropriate to support their intentions.
So..... you can certainly test by disabling it temporarily, although I would not expect that, to be the issue.

Reaction score
I disabled my 360 Total Security anti virus,. and also Windows Firewall.

Still i cannot see the shared folders from other PC.

In my PC running Win10, when i check the Network, I cannot see my other device from the list.
But in my other PC running Win7, I see my PC Win10 from the list.

Ask a Question