Can no longer connect to my WiFi

Reaction score
I have not been able to connect my laptop using Win10 to my WiFi in recent times. I can, however, use cable to do my browsing and other internet activities.

I must mention here that on another laptop that uses Win7, I have no such problem.

Please find attached a diagnostic result that could assist someone to help me resolve the issue,

Thanks and regards.
Here2learn

Attachments

• Windows Network Diagnostics.pdf
    469.9 KB · Views: 874
Reaction score
You probably need to reinstall the wifi drivers for your laptop. For some reason many Win 10 updates also delete these drivers. I didn't click on your link because I don't make a habit of clicking on links posted on the internet for security reasons. But I hope my info helps you.

Reaction score
Thanks ram1220 for your interest in having me resolve this issue.

How do I reinstall the WiFi drivers as the modem did not come with a drivers CD?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How do I reinstall the WiFi drivers as the modem did not come with a drivers CD?
Use Internet Explorer and go here http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Realtek+RTL8188EE
IF you sort by the "Version" column, you will see (near the middle of the list) you should see
Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Later Servicing Drivers Drivers (Networking) 10/3/2016 2023.42.831.2016
Two (2) listed
1.8 MB and 2.1 MB (the larger is generally for 64bit architecture and the smaller is generally for 32bit architecture)

Reaction score
Thanks M Moderator.
Unfortunately, I did not see your reply until now and I tried it by downloading and installing that of 64bit architecture but still did not work.

Any other solution?

Thanks

Reaction score
Is your Windows 10 even of the 64bit architecture?? just making sure..

Reaction score
I used to be able to access a network connection but it disappeared. I tried all of the above suggestions as well as your suggestions on another thread. I used The troubleshooter link above and it said it fixed some things but didn't fix the problem. it doesn't show up. I manually entered it and it shows up in the list of known networks and is set to automatically connect but it is not listed in "available networks"

Reaction score
Your diagnostic shows several networks available but could not connect to any of them. If you left click the wireless icon on the taskbar, it should show a list of networks. If you left click the pertinent network you will see a properties button which should show Security type, band, and driver version.

If you can't get a driver version from above, could you check what version you have now? Open Device Manger and go to the Wireless adapter. Select Properties, then the drivers tab and let us know who provided the driver and its date.

Have you considered a substitute Wireless Adapter? You are not the first person we have seen having problems with that particular device.

Reaction score
Your diagnostic shows several networks available but could not connect to any of them. If you left click the wireless icon on the taskbar, it should show a list of networks. If you left click the pertinent network you will see a properties button which should show Security type, band, and driver version.

If you can't get a driver version from above, could you check what version you have now? Open Device Manger and go to the Wireless adapter. Select Properties, then the drivers tab and let us know who provided the driver and its date.

Have you considered a substitute Wireless Adapter? You are not the first person we have seen having problems with that particular device.

The needed network is not listed on that network list but I can access it via my phone and ipad - my wireless adapter on laptop says - Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc., date: 2/27/2016, driver ver: 3.0.2.201, digital signer - Microsoft windows

Reaction score
As Trouble pointed out, there is a newer driver which shows usable after the Anniversary update. I notice the same device shows drivers with just the n designation and bgn. I assume you would need the n version which seems to be dated in Sept 2016.

Reaction score
As Trouble pointed out, there is a newer driver which shows usable after the Anniversary update. I notice the same device shows drivers with just the n designation and bgn. I assume you would need the n version which seems to be dated in Sept 2016.
thank you! how do I get that?

Reaction score
You go to the Microsoft Catalog site using IE or perhaps Edge.
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/home.aspx

It will ask to install a utility so allow that and you will be able to search for updates. Enter your device and it will pull up a page where you will find what shows on the attachment. Use the Add button to set the driver for download. But make sure and confirm which one you want.

The only other thing I would suggest you do, which you probably already have is to use Device Manager to uninstall the device while checking the box to remove all drivers. Then wait until Windows finds a new one. You would need an Ethernet connection, of course.

Make sure your system is set to connect to networks whether they are broadcasting their SSID or not. At the same time, make sure the network you want is broadcasting its SSID.

Catalog.JPG

Ask a Question