Can this be done?

Reaction score
Perhaps this has been asked before, I just joined the forum.

Can my had drive be partitioned so that I can have Windows 10 and Windows 7 Home Premium at the same time and just switch back and forth.

I want to do this since W10 does not support some of my apps.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Not if you upgrade from the same Windows 7. You won't be able to activate it if you upgrade it to Windows 10 (technically your windows 7 key will be used for windows 10). If you have a separate version on the other hand, sure you can.

Reaction score
Would I need to purchase a separate copy of Windows 7. I have both a laptop and desktop but I think the operating system disks are dedicated.

Reaction score
Both are probably OEM, so even if you used the key from the other PC, it most likely wouldn't activate. I'm not sure if Microsoft is still accepting people in to the insider program. If so, you can run the insider preview on one partition and Windows 7 on another. But it still is an evaluation copy, and you'd have to remain in the program to keep Windows 10 activated.

Ask a Question