Cannot sign into Google account after Windows 10 update

Reaction score
Hi

I recently (May 16th) updated windows 10 and since then I cannot sign into the my google apps email via outlook in the normal manner.
Username and password have not changed.
Choose profile dialogue box opens up, then mail account selected followed by a window to "sign in with yourGoogle Account" - so far so good.
Then Microsoft Edge opens up to continue to G Suite Sync to Microsoft Outlook. I click on 'Allow' which tells me that authorization has been successfully granted but then when I minimise the window the same dialogue box is open stating 'please grant access to your account to continue'
so its a ground hog day loop and I have to access email via google mail online or Mail application.
Do I reinstall software or........
HELP!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello david and welcome to the forum.
I cannot sign into the my google apps email via outlook
When you say "outlook" are you referring to the "Office" Outlook mail program, or the Windows 10 Mail App, or the Web Browser interface for outlook.com
Then Microsoft Edge opens up
Not sure how or even why "Edge" is involved with the problem, but.....
Whenever I use anything associated with my "Google" account (Gmail, Gdrive, etc), I always do so using Google's own browser "Chrome".
You might save yourself some irritation if you install "Chrome" as use that to interact with all things Google.

Reaction score
its the Office Outlook mail program - I can access windows 10 mail app to mail but the format is not to my liking.....
I uninstalled G Suite Migration for Microsoft outlook and reinstalled but now have this message.
Outlook is as I say my preferred format but it Google Chrome is the best way forward then I may have no option?

Attachments

• google apps microsoft.png
    google apps microsoft.png
    641.7 KB · Views: 1,292

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have my Gmail account, working fine in Office Outlook (part of the Microsoft Office 365 Suite).
Although, I have it configured as a normal POP3 / SMTP account and haven't used "G Suite Migration". Wasn't even aware any such thing existed so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject.
Perhaps someone more sophisticated on such topics may have a suggestion.

EdK

Reaction score
Hi

I recently (May 16th) updated windows 10 and since then I cannot sign into the my google apps email via outlook in the normal manner.
Username and password have not changed.
Choose profile dialogue box opens up, then mail account selected followed by a window to "sign in with yourGoogle Account" - so far so good.
Then Microsoft Edge opens up to continue to G Suite Sync to Microsoft Outlook. I click on 'Allow' which tells me that authorization has been successfully granted but then when I minimise the window the same dialogue box is open stating 'please grant access to your account to continue'
so its a ground hog day loop and I have to access email via google mail online or Mail application.
Do I reinstall software or........
HELP!!

I had the exact same problem with Outlook 2013. The problem is with Microsoft Edge. The solution is to set Internet Explorer as the default browser instead of Microsoft Edge. Also there is a new copy of GSSMO you may want to update to. No reentry of settings will be required in Outlook or GSSMO

Ask a Question