Can't access Windows from sleep mode

Rei

Reaction score
My computer lately runs really slow on a sporadic basis so I tried doing a registry cleaning and optimization with WinThruster. While it didn't fix my computer's slowness, I've had a new annoying problem pop up.

Every time it goes into sleep mode and I try to access it through logging in, my computer doesn't go straight back to Windows 10 and instead it just loops back into the login screen. It does this even if I input my password or if I just press enter without inputting anything at all. I would have to restart my computer everytime in order to login properly which is annoying. Occasionally I also have the same problem when just turning my computer on, so I'd have to restart. I'd like to be able to properly login from sleep mode again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the fourm.
I tried doing a registry cleaning and optimization with WinThruster. While it didn't fix my computer's slowness, I've had a new annoying problem pop up.
OK.... so you've used a third party program, which didn't help with the problem you used it for and subsequently introduced another problem, that you didn't have before using it.
I'm not familiar with that particular program, but.....
Many such programs have an un-do feature which will allow you to go back into it and reverse the changes that it made.
Failing that, hopefully, at least it might have created a restore point, that you can use to revert those changes.

Ask a Question