Can't activate "full screen" option

Reaction score
At present I haven't tried playing any other games, but I do play my Hoyle Card Game all the time and since upgrading to Windows 10 It won't switch to the Full Screen option.

This is of special importance to me because I was just getting ready to upgrade my other computer to 10 and I have to have that option working on that computer for sure because I have a membership to Shockwave for my grandsons and they play those games when they come. I have to be able to set the full screen option.

Can anyone help, please?

Reaction score
How are you trying to go to Full Screen? Pressing F11 key normally takes you to Full Screen or back to normal view if all ready in Full Screen mode.
In the game, I go to Options and then select Full Screen. I also tried using the ALT+enter but nothing works.

I'm not talking about my computer screen, but rather my game screen.

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you mean you pressed ALT + ENTER that would give you Windows Mode which is not truly full screen either.

I'm not really a gamer per se, but have you checked your Display Settings are ok for your Game.

Reaction score
I Googled this and made sure my settings were as described in some posts. This has got to be something simple. When I click on full screen, it freezes my whole computer for a short time, maybe 20-30 seconds. I can't do anything. Then it comes back with the small screen and releases everything again.

Regedit32

Reaction score
You may need to update your Display drivers, or reinstall the current ones if there are no updates.

It sounds like you have a Display Adapter issue.

What are you current Display settings too?

Reaction score
My display setting is 1600 x 900 (Recommended).

I upgraded my desktop a couple of days ago and no problem on that machine with Hoyle, which is older than this laptop.

However, on that machine another my OnHand Card Games was working fine when I first installed and now I get the sounds, everything except the cards. And that game works fine on this laptop. So it would appear I have a display problem on both computers.

I'm no computer tech and not very good at handling something like this so I'd appreciate any help you would be willing to give me.

Reaction score
I started having trouble on both computers (both upgraded to W-10) with that OnHand card game. Ran troubleshooter and said it was not compatible so removed from both computers.

Ran compatibility troubleshooter for Hoyle card games and it now works.

Tanks everyone for responding with your ideas and help!

Ask a Question