SOLVED Can't browse google after upgrade

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just upgraded to Win10 2 days ago on my Toshiba Satellite S55-A machine. After the upgrade, I could never go to google.com on my default browser Firefox &/or Chrome. I knew the internet was working because I was able to sync new files with my desktop Dropbox app. I was also able to go to my university's email site & read new emails. I then took the machine to the university's IT dept. After more than 2 hours of diagnostics & troubleshooting, they partially solved the issue. They uninstalled my default Avast Antivirus & made Windows Defender as the default antivirus app & that allowed Chrome to browse any sites I wanted. However, with Firefox, the issue became more complicated. I was able to go to sites like CNN, Wikipedia, Tumblr etc. but not on Google, Facebook, Twitter. With Gmail, it gave me a broken page with all cluttered texts/images. My university's email site was still working fine on both browsers. I have never been too big of a fan of Chrome. But for now, I'll have to live with it. I am guessing there is some compatibility issue with Firefox on Windows 10 machines. But so far I haven't come across any sites where they pointed out this problem yet. Please note, both my browsers are up-to-date with the latest versions of the apps.

Please help me solve this issue if it's just happening with me. I've re-installed Firefox also, but no success.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Actually this problem has been listed with Windows 8 & 8.1 before also. I just broadened my search & figured out that apparently Firefox had been giving these "untrusted connection" warnings to reputable sites then. I just followed the steps as they mentioned here. It solved all the issues so far with Firefox.

Ask a Question