Can't connect to wifi

Reaction score
My computer has so much problem since I upgraded to windows 10. My computer is a school computer.My computer is a LENOVO idea pad.
I can't connect to my home WiFi, but I can connect to my school WiFi. I can't open device manager and all those settings. UAC has Yes greyed out and it doesn't let me type admin password, it just let me click no. Command prompt can't be opened too. My school created 3 accounts, one of them is admin, and it just disappeared. Please help me, I have an exam coming soon. I need to revise.

Reaction score
Contact windows 10 support on the microsoft website. they will offer free solution and if they need to charge to fix they will let you know upfront.

I have contacted them several times and they are pretty responsive and will help. I believe they have a chat option and remote assistance too (they login into your machine and troubleshoot).

What version on windows did you upgrade from ?

Since your situation is desperate contact Msoft immediately.
Sorry I cannot help.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Natalie.

I believe that all of your problems can be solved, but you said that yo have an exam coming up soon. Assuming that you need your computer for the exam, it is a bad idea to upgrade a computer that you MUST have working. It might be best to return to the original operating system.

Having said that, since it is a school computer, you should contact the school. They might have already encountered this problem.

Another thing to do is left-click the Start Button. You will then see three horizontal lines in the top left corner (They are called "the hub.") Click on the hub, and then select "Settings" in the left hand column. That will take you into WiFi. Make sure that you are connected to your home network.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As Vince has said.
If this computer is on loan to you from your school, then they can reimage it back to the way it was in a heartbeat. Most schools maintain images for loaners. Just make sure you get any local critical data that may be on the computer backed up before you let them proceed.

Reaction score
Maybe the School Computer comment is a little confusing. If it does really belong to the school they may have set user privileges to keep you from accessing certain items. Most folks will run in their own account, possibly set as an Admin account, but not something called Admin.

Since you say you installed Win 10, I would think that would mean it is your computer so the other things you mention would be a problem and may be related to a Wireless problem.

But as far as the Wifi, if it works for your school let us know if you can left click the Wireless icon in the tray and see a list of networks available while you are home. If you can see your network you should be able to select it and connect. If you don't see it maybe something is wrong with your home network.

Going between a school logon and home may have your system stuck on the one at school.

Reaction score
Ahem, uhm, Natalie, I taught high school science for ten years.

Have you told the school about this problem yet?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Why don't you just roll it back to your previous version of Windows.
Click the Start Button, Click Settings, Click the Update & security icon and select Recovery from the left column and select Go Back to......
IF you upgraded within the last 30 days that option should be available to you.
I would strongly suggest backing up everything first including creating a disk image of your current install.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Reaction score
The vulnerability of the wireless network is a very big problem. So, it is highly necessary to completely secure your network to protect it from the unwanted access. Otherwise, your network data and entire network will be anonymously used by other users who are not connected to your network.

Reaction score
Bluestacks is basically a VM that runs on tops of Windows so there is a layer of protection between Windows and Bluestacks.

Ask a Question