Cant delete past Emails

Reaction score
The count is up to 3,600 e-mail . I have to delete them 1 by 1. I click too add .a check appears on each one they do , laptop whirls for 20 min or so , they are gone . I exit and go back THEY ARE BACK !! thats why there are 3500 of them I cant get rid of !! and Windows 10 way too much spam that has to be removed dally . I like google Gmail but My AddThis function isnt working . Firefox has updated their browser and a lot of functions are messed up and dont work, and so this is the only mail I can use . for forwarding of sites and emails and it is easy to use , . would Outlook be better? !! I HATE THAT SERVER !

Regedit32

Reaction score
It sounds to me like what is going on is that the Mail app is syncing with the ISP storing your email, and re-downloading them after you delete your mail.

A couple of things to try:
  1. After deleting unwanted emails, next empty your Bulk mail, Spam and Deleted Items folders.
    1. You get to this by selecting More in the left pane
  2. Using a web browser, sign-in to your email and see whether there are settings there about the storing of email. Mine has the option to permanently store or remove from server after sending mail to the app on my Desktop, with an additional option for permanent storage, whereby if I delete something in the Mail app, it will also be removed from my list or permanent stored emails. This prevents it being resent to my app.

Ask a Question