Cant Download anything

Reaction score
Evening all,
I have a Samsung 10 inch netbook which came with win 7 starter. It was always very slow and I hated it. Along came win 10 free upgrade so I had nothing to lose. Installed with no probs and seemed to be running just fine.
Downloaded and installed the AVG free antivirus with no issues.
Next I wanted Chrome or Firefox as this new Edge didn't seem great.
When I go to googles chrome page and click the "download and install" button it all seems to be doing something, then the page changes to "thankyou for downloading chrome"
Problem is nothing starts installing automatically, and there is nothing in the downloads folder (apart from the AVG files)
Have tried to install a couple of other things too but always get the same result!!!!
Anyone got any ideas if it's something I am doing wrong>>
THANKS
Alan

Reaction score
Suggestion :
Uninstall AVG > then see if you are able to install Chrome etc.
Go to Programs and Features > right click at AVG > click Uninstall.

Slightly off topic :
I have been running Insider Preview in one laptop and Windows 10 Home in another.
In fact, I have been running Insider Preview since its first build 9841.
I never need anything other than Windows Defender as my "real time protection", and a free edition of Malwarebytes as my "on demand protection". I never have any security issues.
If your computer is for home use (non-business), you don't need any 3rd party anti-virus program.

Reaction score
Suggestion :
Uninstall AVG > then see if you are able to install Chrome etc.
Go to Programs and Features > right click at AVG > click Uninstall.

Slightly off topic :
I have been running Insider Preview in one laptop and Windows 10 Home in another.
In fact, I have been running Insider Preview since its first build 9841.
I never need anything other than Windows Defender as my "real time protection", and a free edition of Malwarebytes as my "on demand protection". I never have any security issues.
If your computer is for home use (non-business), you don't need any 3rd party anti-virus program.

tried uninstalling Avg. then tried chrome and firefox still no luck

Ask a Question